Saturday 26 January 2013

Day 14, Part I: Hobbiton!



I went to Hobbiton this morning. It was Hobbiton. Also, I had my first beer ever, and it was at the Green Dragon. I think that trumps most first beer stories.

We got on a coach bus in Rotorua and rode for an hour to the farm where Hobbiton is located. Our bus driver was hilarious and full of stories. When we arrived, we got on another bus, this one considerably older and less comfortable. They called it Gimli, which I thought was funny. That bus brought us to the beginning of the tour.

There are no words, so I’m just going to give you pictures. Um. A bunch of pictures. With explanations as needed.

The view on the way there:

 


First Hobbit Hole I saw:


 Bilbo's hole:


Props we could play with!


The party tree (where Bilbo's Eleventy-first birthday party took place):


Inside a Hobbit hole:



This cat lives there.

Bilbo's hole again:


Bilbo's hole again (again):


The Green Dragon:



Inside the Green Dragon:



My first beer!




 So that's Hobbiton. It's a pretty cool place.

No comments:

Post a Comment